Sevikas: Mamtha Rao and Jacqueline Gaines
Home Fun Work:
• Print out this Page for the next drawing in our Sanskrit Animal Series
• Print out this Page for your child to practice likhita japa with. Have him/her create their own mandala design ... making sure to fill it in with likhita japa!
• Print out this sheet for learning how to write राम (raama)
Extra Home Fun Work:
• Click here for a coloring sheet. Ask your child who this is a picture of and why he is so important to us. Here's a tricky question: What was his name when he was a child?
• OM Saha naavaavatu (click here for text)
• Vakratunda Mahaakaaya (click here for text)
• Sarasvati Namastubhyam (click here for text)
• Shree Hanumaan (click here for text)
• Shree Krishnah (click here for text)
• Gurur Brahma (click here for text)
Geeta Chanting: Chapter 11, Shlokas 1-8 (click here for audio and text)
Quiet Time: 1 minute of silence, followed by shell counting game (click here for game instructions)
Letter of the Week: "W is for Work"
Story: The Grasshopper and the Ant
Likhita Japa: Worked in our journals finishing up mandalas from previous weeks.
• OM Poornamadah (click here for text)
• Chinmaya Pledge (click here for text)
Comments: Well, Parents -- congratulate yourselves ... we started class on time today!!! Everyone was ready to get going as soon as they entered the room :-)
We certainly hope that you, by now, have registered your children for the Geeta Chanting Competition. If not, definitely take a few minutes and do it as soon as you're done reading this entry. The children are doing fabulously well with their chanting. During our first round, we started to lose a little enthusiasm towards the 6th shloka. But once we pointed this out to the children, they sat straight up, got back on track, and continued to chanted very loudly. The aunties were thrilled to hear such clear pronunciation and enthusiasm!
We are nearing the end of our alphabet (which also means that the Balavihar School Year is also coming to an end soon,) Just a couple more letters to go :-) Please keep your eyes out for information on the Mela Event which will be held at the ashram on June 12th. And just so you know, there will be a tent exhibit hosting the Children's Balavihar artwork from throughout the year. And as you, no doubt, can guess, we are definitely going to be submitting our young artists' Creative Likhita Japa!
In the meantime, enjoy this super fab weather -- we heard that it's going to crawl up towards 80 degrees Monday ... unbelievable!! Time to clean up the back yards and get ready for some planting ...
Keep up the great Geeta Chanting.
Hugs to all of our young friends.
Can't wait to get back together next Sunday ...