This project was used to accompany "L is for Love." Pop-Up cards are always a big hit ...
2 Greeting Cards — 1 larger and 1 smaller in size.*
Markers, Crayons, and/or stickers for decorations
*If you prefer to cut your own cards to size, make sure you use a card-stock weight paper. The larger card should have a margin of 1/4 to 1/2 inch on all 4 sides. This will make it easier for the children to glue the inner card (pop-up structure) to the outer card.
1. On the fold of the smaller card, draw two lines that resemble 1/2 the side of a heart. See Picture A for example.
2. With scissors, cut on the two lines.
3. Fold the heart down. (This will the pop-up easier to work with.) See Picture B for example.
4. Open the card and pop the heart up. See Picture C.
5. Decorate the heart with crayons, stickers, etc.
6. Center the pop-up card inside the larger card.
7. Working with one side of the card only, glue the entire surface of the smaller card — making sure to not glue the cut out region. See Picture D for example.
8. Lay the outer card down gently and smooth with your hand.
9. Turn the card over and repeat steps 7 and 8.