August 31, 2009
Ganesha Stand Up Card
This art activity was created to accompany our lesson on "I is for Intelligence." In class the children receive pre-cut pieces and a stand up card. They are then asked to assemble the pieces to make an image of Lord Ganesha. The end result is a colorful stand-up picture which the kids can place on their altar and enjoy!
• White poster board (6 x 13.5)
• Different scraps of colored paper (card stock weight works well)
• Glue Stick
• 2 wiggly eyes
• acrylic self-sticking gem
1. Click here for the Lord Ganesha template. Make sure that you reduce the printing to 50%.
2. Print template onto card stock and cut out.
3. Trace template pieces onto different colored paper. Cut them out.
4. Cut a piece of poster board to 6 x 13.5
5. Fold the poster board in half so that it measures 6 x 6.75.
6. Assemble the colored pieces of paper onto the poster board until they resemble Lord Ganesha.
7. Glue the pieces on.
8. Add colorful googly eyes. And don't forget the gem for his sweet!